Wednesday, October 03, 2012

trip to Holland

Here are a few highlights of our trip to the Netherlands. Hubby was working the whole time but I managed to get out and see some sights.

The Netherlands
The Netherlands
We stayed in Rotterdam and the view of the harbor from our hotel room was amazing!
The Netherlands
Below is a picture of a royal palace at Madurodam, a miniature Dutch city with scale replicas of landmarks throughout the Netherlands. This place was really cool! Very interactive for kids. The funny thing was that I first saw it on a blog I read. I probably never would have gone there if I hadn't seen those old pictures of it. Needless to say, kids are NOT allowed to just walk in and play with the displays anymore LOL!
The Netherlands
I loved seeing all the old Gothic cathedrals too.
The Netherlands
All in all it was a lovely and relaxing trip!

I'm back to some major sewing though. In one month I'm doing the Etsy Denton Handmade Harvest craft show again. It feels a lot less stressful this year because I know what to expect. I had a lot of fun last year though and it's a great motivator to get my shop stocked up for winter.

4 comments:

Heather D. said...

Wow, what a fantastic trip that must have been. My in-laws are from Holland. It would be neat to go one day!

**nicke... said...

what a beautiful place! so glad you had such a lovely trip!

TwoLuLa said...

Isn't Holland beautiful? My husband's family is from there so I have had the opportunity to visit a few times. Just Love It! One of my favorite things was finding a great quilt shop in Bergen!
Your blog is beautiful - love all of your quilts. The blog my friend and I co-author is mainly about crochet but I have been having the itch lately to start some quilting projects again. Have you made any baby quilts? We're having a link party for baby items and it would be so inspiring to see some quilts!
Cynthia

Marta S. said...

What a wonderful trip!! I'm so incredibly jealous. Glad to have you back :)