Sunday, November 06, 2011

whew!

I can breath again! Etsy Denton Handmade Harvest where I had my own booth selling my quilts was yesterday and now it's over! I'm really happy with how it went but for two months I sewed sewed like a crazy person to get ready for it and now I need a break. my booth at Etsy Denton Handmade Harvest my booth at Etsy Denton Handmade Harvest my booth at Etsy Denton Handmade Harvest

I didn't sell a ton of stuff which I expected but I definitely did well enough and I'm pretty happy with how it went. Actually, I sold a little bit of everything: a couple of baby quilts, one lap quilt, several table runners and mini quilts and even a few patterns. The great thing about it is now I can list everything else in my Etsy shop where I know it will sell.
Of course, my hubby woke up that morning with a kidney stone so that added a bit of extra stress I hadn't counted on! Luckily it all worked out and there were plenty of family members to take care of him, help me set up and take care of Jack. My hubby has been doing fine but you know how those things go, not very fun!
I really hope to be back to weekly-ish blogging soon. Now that my shop is full (well, once I list it all) I feel like I can take a break and relax and focus on the upcoming holidays which I am so excited about!
In fact, after I post this I am going to go download Avery and start knitting it tonight!

4 comments:

Maryse said...

I can understand your relief! Congratulations on your booth! I'm sure everyone thought your quilts are amazingly beautiful! Now, relax and enjoy knitting Avery! Hope your husband is better too...

Rycrafty said...

What is it with husbands? The last craft fair I did, we ended up going to emergency the night before for something he'd done to his finger, so I got about 3 hours of sleep before I had to pack up the car!

juicyknits said...

Congratulations on the fair and I hope your husband feels much better by now.
Love your quilts!

tabbiegirl said...

I'm going through the same thing - sewing like mad for a craft fair! They are lots of fun but I can't wait 'til it's over! Your quilts are all gorgeous!