Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New obsessions

*Warning* Plucky Classics Club spoiler at the end!!!

And, sorry, some non-knitting baby stuff first (I don't mind if you skip to the knitting!).
First of all, I'm a bit embarrased to tell you that in the last few weeks I have become completely obsessed with the idea of cloth diapering! Crazy, I know!When I first became pregnant my mother-in-law mentioned something about cloth diapering and, never having known anyone who has cloth diapered, I remember thinking....that's crazy! and gross! how do you clean the poo off??? Since then, I've done a lot of research and read a lot of how-to's and seen first hand how our friends in South Dakota do it (I didn't realize they cloth diapered until we visited them). So, you know what? it doesn't look that hard!!! plus, the money savings is a very motivating factor for me, not to mention the environmental benefits. Since, I plan on either quitting my job or going down to very minimal part-time, I know this is something I can do! Getting the diaper packages in the mail this past week has been almost as exciting as getting yarn in the mail. I think part of the reason I've been so excited about it is that I feel like I'm doing something for Baby right now. And when I think of putting those diapers on my little baby I can't stop smiling! This must have something to do with that whole nesting thing too.
-
-
-
Okay, onto the knitting! I started the Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet (Rav link):
I'm using Lamb's Pride Cotton Fleece in black, which is a drastically different gauge than what the pattern calls for but she gives some great instructions on how to modify it for your own gauge. So far it's coming out really well! Although I just noticed that I have it inside out for this picture but you get the idea. :) I think I will make it a bit longer than the pattern calls for but I only have 2 skeins of the Cotton Fleece so I will have to see how far I can get with that.
-
-
And lastly, but not leastly! I finally got my gorgeous skein of Plucky Classics club yarn! This color is right up my alley and it perfectly fits the name of Miss Marianne Dashwood, full of fire and passion! I also think this will be the perfect yarn to use for the Trystero Socks.

No comments: