Thursday, June 26, 2008

3rd Trimester!

Wow, time is really flying by!

I just got back from my last work trip today. I told them I wasn't going to do any traveling in the third trimester...mainly because it is just soooo tiring! I think I have the baby's room finally cleaned out and ready for final decorating. I'll have pictures soon!



So, I don't have any knitting for you today but I do have some sewing to show off. I was in the mood for a quick project last weekend and I immediately thought of Elizabeth's version of the Reusable Grocery Bag.After I finished mine, I thought "Something's not right". It didn't quite look like Elizabeth's. I couldn't put my finger on it but then it came to me a day later...I had sewn handles together wrongly! Although, not a disaster by any means, I was quick to fix it and now I like it much better.

See, the wonderful tutorial here.

Also inspired by Elizabeth and many others, I finally got myself a copy of Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts.

I've been reading everyone's rave reviews for a long time and now I see what all the fuss is about. Just after a quick glance through, it seems like there are many patterns that I will actually make. Unlike Amy Butler's In Stitches book, which I absolutely adore, I just can't see myself making too many of the projects. I'm hoping that I will be able to make some really great gifts for the girls that will be hosting my baby showers in another month or two.

I actually do have an FO to show you (my modified Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet) but my photographer is currently out of town. Hopefully, this weekend I will have some pictures.

No comments: