Friday, May 23, 2008

See ya!

We're almost off but I wanted to show you the little gifts I made for the daughers of our friends in South Dakota. Pattern: Tweed Beret from the Interweave Knits Winter 2006 issue.
Yarn: Kathmandu Aran Tweed, leftovers from my Asymmetrical Cabled Cardi, 1 and a smidge skeins
Needles: US size #6 dpns
Notes: I wanted to make this in a 4 year olds size so I just kind of winged it by using smaller needles. The brim seems pretty stretchy so hopefully it will fit her.


Pattern: Toasty Topper from Knitty Winter 2007
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca, I think I used over 1 skein but it's hard to tell because I knit it double stranded from 2 balls
Needles: US size #8 dpns
Notes: I added a little pom pom to make it a bit more girly. This will be for their brand new little girl who will be around 8 months by this winter. This was such a super simple quick knit!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!!

No comments: