Thursday, May 15, 2008

Procrastination is my middle name

Okay, this sweater has been done for ages! For some reason it took me like four weeks to finally go out and buy buttons for it. Maybe it was because I wasn't sure how it was going to look until the buttons were on it. I just sewed them on tonight and I love it! Check out that belly! LOL!

Pattern: Asymmetrical Cabled Cardigan by Yahaira Ferreira

Yarn: Kathmandu Aran Tweed, color 146, 6 balls

Needles: US size #9

Notes: This was a very impulsive knit. When I saw the pattern I just had to make it right then! The directions are somewhat loose and assume a basic understanding of bottom up raglan sweaters. I believe there was an error in the cable pattern as well but it was fairly obvious and she's probably fixed it by now. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was and I didn't make any notes on my pattern so I'm afraid I'm no help there. I really enjoyed knitting this cardigan! it was fun, not too complicated but not too boring, and a fast knit. The neck is like a built in cowl but I think it also looks nice with it open at the top. I'm very pleased with how it turned out!

No comments: