Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Catching up...again

Wow, sorry for the long absence! I've just been super busy lately!

This past weekend we made a whirlwind trip to Florida for a friend's wedding. Twelve hours one way and the weather was terrible! luckily it stopped raining about 2 hours before the wedding, which was on the beach.

I took all of your advice and have successfully made my first pair of baby socks!!!I cast on 32 stitches and knit 2x2 ribbing for about an inch and a half and then proceeded with a regular heel flap and gusset. It's hard to tell the scale here but they really look like they'll fit a baby's foot. I guess we'll find out for sure in September. This is just some leftover Yarntini Sock yarn in the Blue Hawaiian colorway. You can't get any cuter!

Also, BIG NEWS! my gender scan has been scheduled for April 29th. In three weeks! EEeek! I'm so excited. I think this calls for a gender guessing contest....STAY TUNED! I'll be giving more info soon and may even post a bump picture. I'll be 19 weeks then and let's just hope he or she isn't too shy. LOL!

I wanted to start a relatively easy new project that would be good for car knitting on our trip but I didn't get too far. This is the Lace Ribbon Scarf from the latest Knitty issue. I'm using some old Knit Picks Essential sock yarn that I've had around for a while but I love the color because it is similar to the original scarf in the pattern. I think I like how it's coming out but it seems very slooooow going. We'll see if I can finish it by winter.

I have lots more to show you as well so I'll be posting again soon.

No comments: