Saturday, April 26, 2008

All about Baby Contest!

It's finally that time! Tuesday is the BIG DAY! What will we have......boy or girl? I am so excited I can hardly stand it!The bedding I loved on Target.com went on sale a few weeks ago and I didn't want to risk it getting sold out so I went ahead and ordered both the boy and the girl sets. The boy set is called Zoo and the girl set is called Farm Girl...can you get any cuter!? I'm secretly hoping to be able to keep the girl set because I love it so much but of course I would love to have a boy as well.

I'm really 50/50 on the whole gender thing. I just don't have a strong "feeling" either way. Boy or girl, I'm going to be ecstatic!

So, here is a bump picture taken today:
What do you guys think? I know there are loads of old wives tales about cravings, baby's heartrate, carrying low or high, morning sickness or not, etc. to indicated gender but I think y'all should just give it your best guess! This pregnancy has (thankfully) been very uneventful so far.

So, here are the OFFICAL CONTEST RULES:
Just leave a comments saying what you think our little Sprout is AND your prize preference (see below) by 5PM Tuesday, April 29th.

Now, for the PRIZES! I have two different prizes I'd like to give away, 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport in the Mother Lode colorway OR 4 skeins of Elsbeth Lavold Silky Tweed in a nice rich green (color 17). Just include which one you prefer in your comment and I'll choose ONE winner from the people who guess the correct gender!

And, some knitting content:I'm trying to finish this little sweater for our Sprout before Tuesday. It the Five Fruits (Ravelry link) sweater by Amanda Kerr (originally published on MagKnits) who is working on a link to the pattern on her site. I'm using just two colors instead of 5 and alternating stripes every two rows. I'm hoping it will turn out to be about a 6 months size so it can be worn this winter. I'm not entirely happy with the colors but hey, I got this Knit One Crochet Two Cotonade on clearence at my LYS and I think it will look fine once it's all done.

I can't wait to see all of your guesses! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: