Wednesday, January 16, 2008

These just flew off the needles!

Seriously, don't just just love quick projects sometimes. I don't know why I don't make more hats. My hubby has been begging me to make him one for forever but I was always waiting for the "perfect" pattern to come by. Pattern: Zeebee (argh! the link to the pattern is down right now for some reason, sorry!)
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Superwash in Squirrel Heather, 2 skeins
Needles: US #7
Notes: This pattern was so fun! and NO DPNs!! I love the interesting construction and the fact that the author has the math all worked out so that you can make it in any size, any gauge! I did have a little trouble with the garter grafting....it wasn't difficult, it was just hard to keep the tension even so that it would blend in properly. I think I'll probably make another one because this one came out just a tad too large. But Hubby loves it anyway. Isn't he sweet!
My second quickie project was the swatch pillow I mentioned a few posts ago.
Pattern: Used trinity stitch from the 1st Barbara Walker Treasury book

Yarn: Noro Kuyeyon in color 207, 1 and 1/2 balls

Needles: US #10.5

Notes: I love how this turned out! It actually ended up being a little smaller than I was hoping so I just gently felted it by hand because I didn't want it to shrink too much. Unfortunately, this didn't completely close up the holes that are in the pattern and I was afraid that the stuffing would try to come out. So I sewed a plain peice of muslin fabric to the swatch and then sewed backing fabric on and then stuffed it. I think it looks quite nice on my couch. And the kittied only tried to rip it open once! Luckily they seem to have lost interest now.

And lastly, I've cast on for the Seeded Cables Cardigan with some Cascade 220 in a nice light grey! I've got a couple of inches done but now I'm having second thoughts about what size to make. I know it's supposed to be a fitted cardigan but I think it may be better to err on the larger size with this one. I've been doing okay with the complicated cables but this is one pattern that requires complete concentration!

No comments: