Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ooops, another one

Yup, this one was so quick it never made it to the blog.

Pattern: Buttony Sweater by Katie Marcus

Yarn: Bernat Natural Alpaca, 4 skeins, dark grey

Needles: US #10.5

Notes: The finished result of this one really exceeded my expectaions! I fell in love with this version I saw on Ravelry so I copied the simple modifications. The biggest thing was that I made the neck smaller by casting on 68 stitches and made the button holes slightly farther apart. The waist shaping and the stretchy acrylic actually make for a very flattering fit. The acrylic content is actually not too bad and the yarn itself is pretty soft. The bad thing is that it sheds the white colored fibers so I'm good as long as I wear white underneath. But, hey, this whole sweater cost me $16! I like this pattern quite a bit because it's really basic and allows for a lot of freedom in personalizing it.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

No comments: