Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wednesday.

Lately I've just been all over the place with my knitting. I don't know what it is but I just haven't been able to focus on anything all summer. So here's the latest result of my knitting ADD: I just had to cast on some socks with my gorgeous Yarn Pirate sock club yarn. I think I'm going to just do the beaded rib pattern from Sensational Socks. And you'll notice that I'm using dpns and not my usual magic loop circular needle. That's because my circular needle is currently tied up with the Cable Twist Southwest socks that I started at the beginning of the summer. For some reason, I am just not enjoying the stitch pattern at all. I love how it looks and everything, but knitting it is just not fun right now. I need something simpler at the moment.
On a good note, I have completed the back piece of Josephine. I think the front will go much quicker.
Also, I was nominated as a Rockin' Girl Blogger by Lara at Yarn It!! I am just so flattered!

Now, to pass on some of the fun, I will be nominating:

  • Annie from Annie Knits because she is knitting (an crocheting) like crazy even with a newborn baby! That seems like quite a feat to me!
  • Stitchywitch at Green Apples because I have never seen anyone crank out so many awesome FOs so quickly! I love everything she makes! And I get the greatest pattern ideas from her too.
  • Emilee from Emilee Knits because I think she has excellent taste in color and she has a sock pattern that I totally want to make (I had forgotten about them until just now...I think I'll be changing my plan for my yarn pirate socks now!)
  • Alyssa from Words & Wool because she is the sock queen! I am so envious of her sock drawer!
  • Micki from A Thing for String because she has awesome taste in knitting too and oh my gosh you have got to see her Print O' the Wave stole she just finished! it is amazing.

Wow, that was so hard to pick just a few people because honestly, every blog I read has an awesome girl blogger behind it!

No comments: