Monday, August 13, 2007

Matchmaker

For some reason, that title sounds so corny but I'm going to use it anyway because I got nothin' better at the moment.

Well, I have finally found a suitable pattern for me and my Yarn Pirate Booty club yarn! I think I tried 3 different patterns before finding the right one. I tried several patterns from the Sensational Knitted Socks book but I just wasn't feeling the love with any of them. Next, I tried Emilee's Tempest Socks and I was loving the pattern but the yarn was not. It started doing thick spiral striping which was taking away from the pattern. So, finally, I tried the RPM pattern from Knitty and it is a winner!!
Look how perfectly the yarn is behaving (it actually looks better when the stitches are stretched out on my leg)! and this pattern is very simple but fun at the same time. Definitely not a fussy stitch pattern at all. I'm just breezing right along!

No comments: