Thursday, July 19, 2007

A little indulgence

Warning!!! Yarn Pirate Booty Club spoiler at the end of this post! :)

First of all though. Long, long ago I knit Orangina. Remember? So let's see, that was a year ago. Guess how much I've worn this knit since then. Nada. Zilch. ZERO TIMES! it's pretty sad really. The main reason for this was that it was too small. So.....

My Orangina went from this:

...to this:
You know, I didn't feel bad while ripping out all those hours of knitting one single, itty bitty bit. It was quite nice actually, knowing that I would be giving it a new life where it would have a chance of being worn. So, that beautiful Jaeger Sienna cotton will become a Josephine Top from the latest Interweave Knits issue. I was just so inspired by all the gorgeous ones everyone else was making.

Okay, onto the goodies!!
Love, love, LOVE! This is the first sock club that I have ever signed up for and I was so afraid I would be disappointed. That fear was completely unfounded!! I love everything Georgia dyes so I should have known that this would be no exception. She's got real talent. This exclusive club colorway is called Rum Runner. And she also included a small handmade bar of soap that smells wonderful.

No comments: