Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Swallowtail Shawl

Wow, sorry to just leave y'all hanging like that! I blocked the shawl imediately after posting the unblocked picture but then got buried with work so I could go on vacation for a week. So, without further ado, here is my Swallowtail Shawl:

Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark in the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits

Yarn: Hand Maiden Sea Silk in Ivory; 1 skein

Needles: US #7

Notes: I love how this turned out! My first completed lacy shawl. The size is perfect too. I'm not sure when I will wear it but it was such a fun, satisfying knit! Surprisingly, I had no trouble at all with the nupps (p5tog). I just made sure that I kept it really loose in the preceding row. The pattern was well written and the stitch patterns easy to memorize. I would highly recommend this as a first lace project!

Whew! I'm tired! we went to West Virginia to visit family and just got back this afternoon. It's a 18 hour drive but worth it. Unfortunately, it's back to work tomorrow. I think I'll be catching up on my blog reading this evening, y'all have been busy this past week! :)

No comments: