Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Unfortunately, Camellia has a sad ending

It's a good thing this cute little number only took 4 days to knit and seam. There are a number of reasons that poor Camellia will be taking a one-way trip to the frog pond.
You see, the very minute I had finished the seaming, I turned my back for TWO SECONDS and one of the little feline brats decided that Camellia would look lovely with a big hole right in the middle of the back. It's such a shame isn't it? Well, I'm not going to place all the blame on the little kitty because my choice of yarn was not right for this project anyway. Such a cute little sweater but it needs yarn that drapes. And Cascade 220 just does not have the drape. See the sleeves? they look like they've "sprung" back into place even though I blocked everything severely before seaming. I definitely want to make this again but maybe in some cotton or cotton blend.

Oh well. I really don't feel too bad about it. I will definitely be able to use the yarn for something else. Since I knit this with a double strand I have about 880 yards. I absolutely LOVE this color too. I think I must be on a little teal kick.

No comments: