Friday, April 06, 2007

Sometimes what you need is some thick and quick action

I've started Camellia from Glampyre Knits. I had seen it around but wasn't really drawn to it and then I was looking through her pattern page this week and it just struck me as something I wanted to make....right NOW. :-) I think it might have something to do with me having New Mexico on the brain (even though our vacation is still 2 months away)....Stefanie has so many lovely pictures from there.

It seems that all the other projects I have going are on tiny needles. They're just slower. I need some instant gratification.

The pattern calls for a bulky yarn but I needed something cheaper than that so I'm knitting it with Cascade 220 double stranded. And what a weird construction this garment has! I stared at the pattern schematics for quite a while and still am not sure how the pieces will fit together. I've heard a lot of people say that they wish they had knit it all in one piece.

So, anyone knew that there were knitting novels? My sister-in-law came across this somewhere and picked it up for me as sort of a joke. I really didn't think I'd read it but I was desparate one night. It's actually not half bad! All about murder, alpacas, and eyelash yarn! LOL! pretty funny. This one is second in a series.

No comments: