Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Check out this button!


I got some yarn yesterday afternoon that I ordered from WEBS. It's Jo Sharp Soho Summer in Paprika. When I first got it I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or if it would work for the Honeymoon Cami I intend to make with it. But I knit up a good sized "proper" swatch and the guage was a little off but then I washed it and it stretched out a little bit and now the guage seems to be just right. So I guess we'll see. I also ordered some Tahki Cotton Classic but it's backordered so I'll have to wait on that.


Ok, here is the button! This sucker has got to be close to 3 inches in diameter! I got it at the LYS near my work that I go to on my lunch break sometimes. The "reason" (do I really need one?) I went was to see if they had any Lamb's Pride Cotton Fleece....which they didn't but they had a skein of Cascade 220 that caught my eye. I've been wanting to make this Sophie bag from MagKnits. I'm going to use the button somehow to make a closure. And heck!! for the price of one skein of yarn I can have a new purse. Let's just not talk about how much that button cost (it was more than the yarn).

Simon likes the button too!

No comments: