Saturday, May 13, 2006

2 FOs!!

Yay! I have two officially completed projects! The Gioia scarf and the Buttonhole Bag. I really enjoyed making both of them and they were fairly quick too. I had my first blocking experience with Gioia....I didn't really know what I was doing but I read an article on Knitty and got some good info from it. The Buttonhole bag is for my Mom for Mother's Day. So here they are:

Pattern: Gioia by Wendy Wonnacott
Yarn: 2 skeins Noro Silk Garden color 226


The left pic is before
blocking.


The right pic is during blocking.
.....and here is the beautiful result!!














Pattern: Buttonhole Bag from Mason-Dixon Knitting
Yarn: 3 skeins Lamb's Pride Bulky


















And here is some new Hill Country sock yarn I got a couple of weeks ago from Discount Yarn Sale. The colors are amazing! I love it! Now, I haven't actually made any socks except for the Christmas stockings. I'm waiting for my Sensational Knitted Socks book from Amazon to get it before I start anything. And I have some cheap Knitpicks sock yarn that I'm going to use first so I don't mess up this gorgeous stuff. Check it out.


Chocolate Covered Cherries and Honey Butter!
I'm in love....*sigh*

No comments: