Thursday, October 02, 2014

this week

Well I seem to be in a bit of a blogging slump. Sewing is happening though!
I've got some cell phone pics of what I've been working on this week.

Mr. Scotty Dog came together surprisingly quick! A birthday gift for my niece. Free pattern from Denyse Schmidt.
2014-10-02_01-11-21 2014-10-02_01-12-54

After some deliberation and calculations I've decided to make both a Vintage Nine-Patch quilt and a Bowtie quilt with my Hadley fabrics. I'm going to make both quilts a smallish lap size and with a few additional fabrics it should be no problem.
These vintage nine patch blocks are small for me (6" finshed) and I was hoping there was going to be some quick method of sewing them up but no such luck. These could be time consuming but I think the result will be worth it.
2014-10-02_01-25-23
I'm going with the 7" finished blocks for the bowties. These are pretty fun to make!
2014-10-02_01-28-56

And today I'm going to finish the back and baste up this Double Plus quilt for a customer. The day is slipping by so I'd better hop to it!
2014-10-02_01-32-38

2 comments:

Franziska said...

Great blocks. Make me want to run to the sewing machine. No such luck now 'though.
The dog is on my list, too. Sigh.

Carla said...

Oh Emily. I love your blocks. I'm working on my scraps right now--two quilts at the same time. It seems to be taking forever!