Friday, October 24, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2014

I am woefully behind showing you quilts that I've finished recently but thankfully the fall Blogger's Quilt Festival is going on so I was motivated to post one up for you.

I'm entering this quilt into the Original Designs category. Thanks to a low volume background and a mix of bright triangles, this quilt has quite a different look than my original Archaeology Quilt I made. Archaeology Quilt
Back in August I had just gotten a few of the new Cotton + Steel fabrics and was inspired to cut into them right away. I added a few other fabrics that really compliment them (from Denyse Schmidt, Joel Dewberry, Lizzy House and Carolyn Friedlander).
Archaeology Quilt Archaeology Quilt Archaeology Quilt
I love the funky vibe the back has. I was sad to use the last of my Anna Maria Horner Field Study fabric but it was perfect.
Archaeology Quilt
Thank you so much for stopping by!

13 comments:

Jan said...

I love this version of your quilt!

Carla said...

You are so good at this! I really like this quilt Em.
Enjoy the festival ; )

cspoonquilt said...

I like the randomness of the design and the colors are great with the background fabs!

Maryse said...

Good luck in the Original Designs category! It's a beautiful quilt!

knottygnome said...

it's beautiful! i love the colors with low volume.

Tara Celeste said...

Love this! You have a great eye!

Pasqualina this & that said...

Great color choise!

Kat said...

Great colors and neat design! I love how they are all prints.

audrey said...

Love how this quilt looks. Great colors.:)

the zen quilter said...

Great colors with the fabric - amazing how one can have such a great effect using simple triangles.

Angie said...

I really like the color combination, beautiful quilt.

Laurel Krynock said...

I really love this! Beautiful color choices and fantastic design!

cjb0706 said...

Another beauty..... You are an inspiration for me to strike out an try one of my own designs. Thanks Emily!