Saturday, March 08, 2014

Washi tunic

Well I've had two quilts finished for a few weeks now but I've been a lazy blogger. And, I want to show you something different! A Washi tunic for me!

I downloaded this pattern over a year ago but hadn't taken the plunge until now. I never could figure out what fabric I wanted to use. But when I saw a plaid version in the Washi Flickr pool, I knew that's what I wanted for a fall/winter version.

The only major thing I changed was to add about 4" in length to the tunic pattern. And I shrunk the sleeves waaaay down so that there would be no gathers in the shoulder and it would be more fitted. I'm so happy with how it came out! I was pretty nervous about it because making clothes is not my strong suit, nor do I enjoy it much.

7 comments:

peaknits said...

It looks fantastic. I have had the Tova pattern for a year for the same reasons you mentions, clearly I need to get over it! Nice work!

Carla said...

How cute is that! You did a great job on this. Looks like a perfect fit too ; )

kristin said...

I love it! This is the first Washi that I've truly loved. NOW I get why people adore the pattern.

Franziska said...

It looks really great! I didn't realize that there's a tunic length, too, now I'm sure I'll have to try that, too.

Maryse said...

This is a beautiful tunic!

Maryse said...

This is a beautiful tunic!

Heather D. said...

Looks really pretty, very flattering.