Thursday, July 11, 2013

Double Plus Quilt {new pattern}

Here it is, my new favorite quilt, Double Plus Quilt!
There are a lot of plus style quilts out there, I know, but personally, I can't get enough of them. This one is particularly modern and minimalist I think.
Double Plus Quilt Double Plus Quilt Double Plus Quilt Double Plus Quilt
I was hesitant because of the time it would take but decided to go for dense, straight line quilting over the whole thing. Like a lot of people, I find straight line quilting challenging. It's tricky. If your layers aren't basted together perfectly you can get a lot of shifting and puckering. I was out of basting spray too but I was so eager to get it done that I took my chances with pin basting. Now that it's done, I'm very pleased with how it looks!
Double Plus Quilt
I used Essex Yarn-dyed Linen in Flax for the main background and Alexander Henry Heath in black for the plus background. They go so well together!

I usually only make instructions for throw or baby sizes but I thought this quilt would look so amazing on a bed that I made sure to include queen and king sizes in the pattern. Found here. :)

4 comments:

knottygnome said...

it's fabulous! i adore the background especially. congrats.

A Trio Beautiful said...

Congrats on another finish... it's beautiful!

Erica said...

This is really beautiful, I love your choices for fabric in both the background and the plusses.

Carla said...

Good for you Emily! It's very pretty and fabulous quilting!