Friday, April 05, 2013

Life Update

Wow, sorry to just drop off the face of the earth like that but good news, we're in the process of buying a house! Seven {long} months ago we sold our house thinking it would take a month or so to find something that would be right for us, ha! My dad graciously let us move in with him so that we could save our money and not have to rent. Who knew that the market in our area would change from a buyer's market to a seller's market making it hard to find what we wanted and home prices going up.
What we were wanting was to downsize a bit, get a smaller, more affordable house (not that our 2,000 sq.ft. house was a mansion or anything!) because the cost of our medical bills/insurance. We wanted to continue to stay out of debt (thank you Dave Ramsey!) and moving to a more affordable house was the only place to cut our monthly costs. My husband and I were at total peace with it all and knew that God would take care of us no matter what. And although it hasn't been easy living with family it has all worked out just fine. I cannot tell you how excited I am to finally move to our own space and make it ours! It's not final yet but soon!

So anyway, with all that personal stuff out of the way I can show you what I've been working on. Though the blog has been quiet, my sewing machine has been working up a sweat!

I'm excited to say that some of my things will now be for sale in a local brick and mortar shop selling handmade/vintage goods and is opening today! The ladies that started our local Etsy Denton group have rebranded to be called DIME (Denton Independent Makers Exchange) and are opening The DIME Store where they are selling goods from local Etsy crafters. I got a sneak peek at it the other day and it's going to be awesome!

Some iPad covers:
iPad covers

Some table runners. This plus one inspired by this quilt.
Wonky plus table runner
This triangles one inspired by this quilt. My favorite!
triangles table runner

Baby plus quilt inspired by Heather's quilt.
Plus Quilt plus quilt

I'm calling this quilt Friday's Quilt (because it's so easy you can have a finished quilt by Friday LOL!) and I'll be posting a tutorial/pattern for it soon! I made a large throw sized version of this quilt you can see here.
Friday's Quilt

There were some zipper pouches, bookmarks and other things that I just didn't get pictures of but I'll snap of few of them at the store when I go!
I promise I won't be so much of a stranger. I really have so much I've been working on and want to share but all I've been thinking about lately is what colors to paint the house and how I'm going to decorate it! :)
Have a lovely weekend!

9 comments:

Anna said...

gah, loads of pretty stuff!!! Glad you found a house! I'm almost *almost* this close to paying off our house, I can't wait!

bea said...

It's so weird how our lives mimicking each other. I sold my house 7 months ago and I'm about to close on a new house after searching and searching for the right one. (This one will have a mortgage I can pay off in a year!) Congrats on your new house! I'm sure it's going to be wonderful!

Everything you make is awesome!

Carla said...

Blessings on your new venture. I mailed the blocks today. Hopefully they go to the right place : ) All your projects look awesome. I really love the plus quilt

peaknits said...

What beautiful projects, I especially love (and want! )the plus runner!! Congrats on getting your house, your patience is totally paying off!

Heather D. said...

Beautiful things Emily. I particularly love that plus runner.

Thanks for sharing what's been going on with you - how grateful you must be for family who stepped up to help and that your house plans are finally coming together. What a blessing!

Marta S. said...

Oh, I'm loving Friday's quilt! Are those squares appliqued or is the top pieced? I want to make one!

Maryse said...

Congratulations for the house! The iPad covers look beautiful!

knottygnome said...

congrats on finding a house and your new crafty endeavors!

beth said...

mle! i never wrote to say how inspired i was by your crosses quilt. i finally finished up a baby quilt with yours as inspiration. so thank you!! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/15798936@N00/8756175950/in/photostream)