Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy New Year!

A day late as usual. :)

I took a much needed internet break and barely checked my email for over a week. It was nice! But it took a while to catch up.

We had the most incredible (and rare) white Christmas ever! It snowed a bit on Christmas Eve a few years ago but it has NEVER actually snowed on Christmas day (here where we are north of Dallas) in the past 100 years as far as I was able to research.

We got at least 3 or 4 inches and it was gorgeous!
White Christmas
It was so cold and powdery that we couldn't make a snowman until late afternoon the next day when it had started to soften.
White Christmas
I'm back at my sewing machine now and it feels great to work on a few projects I've had set aside for a while.
Here's to a wonderful 2013 for everyone! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy New Year!

Maryse said...

We too had an unusual amount of snow for Christmas! And 2 days later, we beated an all time record of 45 cm! I really looks more like March right now! Great picture of your son at the window! Happy New Year to you too!