Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Baby Quilts

So baby quilts were very popular at the craft show. Here are two others that sold that haven't been shown here on the blog before.

Sparks Baby Quilt
I used a tutorial from Handmade by Alissa for this quilt but made fewer blocks and made the borders the same width all the way around. I LOVE how fun this quilt is! I want to make another very soon!
Sparks Baby Quilt
It was really fun picking out all my whimsical fabrics for the block centers.
Sparks Baby Quilt

I used the Crazy Mom Quilts tutorial to make this baby zig zag quilt. I modified it to make it baby sized by cutting my strips 2.5" wide and making the zig zags vertical instead of horizontal.
Zig Zag Baby Quilt Zig Zag Baby Quilt
You can't go wrong with a good zig zag quilt!

P.S. Yes, my Itsy Bitsy Spider quilt sold at the show too! I'm sure it will be well loved in it's new home. :) I just recently got a super steal of a deal on the pink colorway of that Itsy Bitsy Spider fabric so that will be fun to make a new spider quilt soon.

3 comments:

Heather D. said...

The quilts are all beautiful!! I'm just starting out on etsy, have sold one baby quilt, and it's so exciting! Any tips on helping business pick up?? I see that you've sold a LOT of stuff!

knottygnome said...

i love that first quilt. the fabrics are so fun! sounds like you had a great show--congrats!

peaknits said...

I really need to reintroduce myself to my sewing machine, I miss her when I see the wonderful things you are making, I can't believe you could part with the spider quilt, ack, I loved it;)