Friday, March 18, 2011

Road Block

Ugh! Sometimes knitting "builds character" as my dad would say.

The thought of having a finished knit was so exciting I jumped right into seaming the collar onto my New York Cardigan. Then it became more and more apparent that the collar would not be long enough. I pressed on to the bitter end hoping it would stretch and magically fit. It was only a delusion though. And to make it worse, I have very little yarn left and I don't know if I'll have enough. Wow, do I sound whiny or what? It's been sitting in this state for weeks now and it's time to do something about it. Stay tuned.
New York cardigan

In the meantime, I have tons of quilts in progress that I can't wait to show you. However, one particular custom order ate up a lot of my time last week!
A lady asked me to make a keepsake quilt for a fundraising auction for a 1st grade class. She sent me the "word patches" on which the kids had written all kinds of inspirational words on. I sewed them all on in the style of a ticker tape quilt, which was quite a feat considering how large this quilt ended up.
Keepsake Quilt

Keepsake Quilt
It took almost as long to trim off all the loose threads after washing as it did to sew all the patches on!
trimmed threads

3 comments:

knottygnome said...

that's an awesome quilt! love the bright border and the clever use of ticker tape.

Maryse said...

Really original quilt! Love it! Good luck with your cardi...

Meredith said...

Impressive quilt! Sorry the sweater is being such a pain - I hope you have enough yarn!