Tuesday, February 08, 2011

on a roll

I'm definitely on a finishing roll! Don't be fooled though, this quilt has been half finished for months now. I wouldn't want anyone to think I've been sewing in my sleep! LOL!
I'm calling this the Museum Quilt because the framed chair fabrics remind me of an art exhibit!

I coveted Laurie Wisbrun's Tufted Tweets line of fabric from the moment I saw it. I just love the little chairs and birds! The solids are all Kona Cotton (Violet, Dusty Blue, Coal, Ash, Eggplant, Cactus and Stone). The backing is a really pretty fabric I found at Hancocks that matches the orchid colors perfectly. It's going to be hard to let this one go!

Coming soon: knitting progress!

4 comments:

knottygnome said...

i love tufted tweets as well! there's just something about those chairs.

Laurie Wisbrun | Scarlet Fig said...

I love how this turned out. And it reminds me of a museum exhibit too!!

Maryse said...

Funny that you mention that you have not been sewing in your sleep because I was just thinking that you must be sewing days and nights! It's really nice and so is the name you gave it! The fabric is a dream ;-) Have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

Love the colors and layout!