Wednesday, February 02, 2011

ice day

Last week a customer asked me if I was going to make any Valentine's mini quilts for the shop. I hadn't really even considered it but once she asked about it I had a vision of a heart quilt immediately pop into my head. I love it when that happens. Here it is!
Also, we've been dealing with very cold temps and the remnants of the rain/ice/snow we got Tuesday morning so I've had some extra time on my hands.

I've always wondered how some people keep their fabrics neat and organized. My stash has been growing slowly but steadily and I've been struggling to find a way to be able to see what fabrics I have while being able to easily get to them. Then I saw this great tutorial on how to fold your fabrics. It never even occurred to me that there was a better way to fold fabrics besides haphazardly!!! Ding! As you can see it is a work in progress but I will get there!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Very cute quilt! We got a snow day today, but so far I haven't been very productive. :)

knottygnome said...

my stash is in much worse shape than yours. i'm off to read the tutorial you linked. i'm sure i could use some tips. :-)

Maryse said...

That Valentine quilt is the cutest of all quilts! Have fun folding your stash! I know you will ;-)

a friend to knit with said...

the art of folding fabric! i love that!

and the quilt!!! soooooo sweet!