Friday, November 12, 2010

one thing always leads to another

In other words, how to justify buying yarn.


It started innocently enough. I've been trying to use up my stash yarn and I have about 650 yards of some really pretty dark grey tweed Queensland Kathmandu worsted. It really wasn't enough to make a sweater so, after I saw Peaknit's gorgeous version, I decided to make Hawthorne. Fast forward to the part where I am trying to cast-on 311 stitches!!! The pattern calls for a 32" circular but I thought I could maybe get away with a 29". Nope. No way.
Of course, that lead me to Knit Picks for a 32" circular needle. I couldn't just order that one thing. I didn't seem very efficient.
Into my cart jumped 11 balls of Swish dk in squirrel heather to make a New York Cardigan.

It has been ages since I have bought yarn for a new sweater! I was so excited when I got it that I immediately cast on and am now almost halfway through the body of the sweater. :)

5 comments:

knottygnome said...

hey it doesn't count if you use it right away. :-P

love the cardigan you picked.

Susan said...

I just checked out that sweater on Ravelry and it is gorgeous. There aren't any "frogged" ones even listed. I think you will make a fabulous one with your new stash. lol

Maryse said...

The New York Cardigan is beautiful! I love the color you chose for it! That reminds me that I should receive my 32" cable from KnitPicks soon too :-)

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Can't wait to see that NY cardigan:)

peaknits said...

Thanks for the link-y - I like the the Hawthorne is very wearable - can't wait yo see yours. And that cardigan - I love it! And I love how Knit Picks does that to us all - need to order enough to make the order seem practical somehow:)