Wednesday, September 08, 2010

fall may begin now....

I wasted no time in getting my new skein of Madelinetosh DK onto the needles. I went for a simple infinity scarf to show off the gorgeous colors.

Pattern: my own; I think I cast-on 170 stitches, joined to knit in the round, knit 5 rows of seed stitch, about 4 or 5 inches of stockinette stitch, then 5 more rows of seed stitch.

Yarn: MadelineTosh DK in Oxblood; about 2/3 of a skein.

Needles: US 8s I think. I wanted a loose gauge and a drapey fabric.

Notes: I thought with knitting at such a loose gauge and a good blocking that I wouldn't have to worry about rolling but apparently I was wrong. The edges still want to roll! Maybe I'll try a light iron or just not worry about it.

I love this scarf so much! It is so soft and the colors are amazing!

6 comments:

juicyknits said...

Amazing colour. You're right - plain old stockinette shows off the yarn beautifully.

knottygnome said...

i love madtosh colors! your scarf looks great.

Susan said...

You did a fabulous job on this. Great pattern (of your own design) to go with a luscious yarn.

peaknits said...

gorgeous! I just love how useful these infinity scarves are - I say just leave the little row and enjoy it:)

Meredith said...

It looks so lovely! I don't think you should worry about the rolling - it works just fine as is.

Bea said...

I think its excellent even with rolling!