Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Something Finished

At long last, here is my finished cardigan I've been working on for what seems like ages!

Pattern: I started with the Something Red pattern and heavily modified it using the Hey Teach! pattern for inspiration. I added 1x1 ribbing just under the bust to give some shape and then just continued on with plain stockingette for the lower half.

Yarn: Knit Picks Main Line in Dusty Lavender

Needles: US 7 & US 5 (for the waist ribbing)

Notes: I'm fairly pleased with how this turned out! I wish the bottom part flared out just the tiniest bit more but other than that it came out just how I envisioned it. I think it will be a great sweater for this fall. I'm so happy to have a sweater actually finished!

For some reason, the bottom edges of the cardigan look uneven in the pictures but I swear it is an optical illusion. There was no way I was going to put that thing back on in the 105 degree heat to get better pictures!

8 comments:

Holli said...

Awesome!! Looks great on you!

Susan said...

Uh oh! Why do you always do this to me? lol.

I love your changes to Wendy's pattern. I have this one and am jealous of your craftiness.

This looks amazing on you.

Meredith said...

Looks great on you! And it is such a wearable pattern, I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of it (once it cools down!)

peaknits said...

What a great looking sweater - nice job, as always:)

Maryse said...

What a beautiful cardigan! I love the final result, especially the sleeves! Hope that the temparature cools down so that you can wear it more often ;-)

amanda said...

Looks lovely!! Great color for fall, too.

a friend to knit with said...

emily!
this is SO cute!!!
and YOU look great in it!

Shannon said...

Turned out awesome! I love love the mods that you made!