Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Berry and Bramble Cardigan: Finished!

I'm crowning this my BEST KNIT EVER!


Pattern: Berry and Bramble Cardigan by Mary Gehling; Fall 2009 Interweave Knits

Yarn: Elann Peruvian Highland Wool in Oatmeal Heather; 10 and a half skeins

Needles: US #7

Notes: This came out better than I ever could have imagined. The pattern actually calls for a dk weight yarn but I had this worsted weight in the stash for a long time and I got gauge with it just fine. I was afraid that the bubbly pattern was going to add a lot of "padding" and look bulky on me but I'm pleasantly surprised that it adds no bulk!

It's always good to learn something new and I learned how to do a three needle bind off in this pattern. If I had known how easy it was I would have learned a long time ago! I pretty much followed the pattern as written. There was some confusion with decreasing and the stitch pattern when doing the front neckline but other than that everything was very straightforward. I have to say I am VERY impressed with the Elann wool. I expected it to be scratchy but it's actually fairly soft where the collar touches my neck. Although I can't yet testify to it's durability, I will definitely use it again.

It feels great to finish something up before the new year. I'm going to wear this one so much!

I hope everyone has a wonderful new year! see you in 2010!

No comments: