Thursday, April 23, 2009

My episode of cast-on-itis

Has it really been over 7 weeks since I last posted?!!

I think there has been some slacking in the picture-taking department here because there definitely has been no lack of knitting. After my last post....back in March *gulp*, there was a flurry of new project cast-on activity. After taking pictures of them, I noticed a theme.

This is my Plucky Knitter Club yarn that I am using for a Gathered Scarf. I'm adding a few extra rows of stockingette in between the garter sections.

And this is a Mini-Clapotis that I am making out of some beautiful Cherry Tree Hill Cascade 100% silk yarn that I won from Allison in a contest a long while back. This yarn is truly delightful to knit with!

Okay, this was kind of an impulse cast-on. It's the Seascape stole from Knitty Summer 08. While the pattern is not difficult, it's just so long that it is not memorizable (for me anyway). It is such a pretty stole I would love to have it finished by the end of the summer.

And here is something I'm not very motivated to work on at the moment (because it is summer here in Texas already). It is the Phildar No 460 Tendances, Winter 06/07 (Ravelry link). I am trying to knit it mostly in the round to avoid reverse stockingette seaming, which I've heard is a beast to deal with. I'm using the 7 skeins of KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Kettle-dyed that I had originally started a February Lady Sweater with (unfortunately, my fear of the FLS being too small were realized).

People, this is not even all of them. Can you believe it! There is one other project that I just started a week ago but I will show that one in another post.

No comments: