Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jane

It's all finished!

Pattern: Jane by Wendy Bernard in the Custom Knits book

Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Tidepool Heather, 8 skeins (I literally had one yard left)

Needles: US #9

Notes: I can't believe how fast I knit this up! especially considering that seed stitch is very slow knitting for me. I am so happy with how this turned out though. I blocked the you-know-what out of it and it worked wonders for the stitch pattern and the overall size of the cardigan. It was just a bit small on me before blocking but luckily it grew just the right amount so that it is comfortably relaxed. I knit the size small and followed the directions to the letter. This was my first Set-In Sleeve experience and I quite liked it! The instructions were clear and well written (however, make sure the check the errata for the collar that was omitted). I just can't get over the fact that I knit this virtually monogamously...that is very rare for me! Of course, I've already cast on for a new project but I will show you that in another post.

No comments: