Wednesday, December 24, 2008

And the stockings were hung...

I finished Jack's stocking this week, his is the striped one.Pattern: Rustic Lodge from the book Knit Christmas Stockings!

Yarn: bits of green, red, and brown tweeds, honestly the ball bands are long gone and I don't remember what brands they are except for the green, it is Kathmandu Aran Tweed

Needles: US #10.5 dpns

Notes: As you can see I did not have enough of the green and red that I used to make the first two so I added in some brown and made it a stipey stocking which I tought very appropriate for a little boy's stocking. I'm very happy with how it turned out!

And this is a Christmas gift that I whipped up at the last second. Unfortunately, this is the second take....the first one I made was completely destroyed by the cats.

Pattern: Knitted Mini Christmas Stockings (Rav link)

Yarn: Knit Picks Palatte in Sky and Fog

Needles: US #2 dpns

Notes: I found it very odd to knit a sock flat and then seam it but it wasn't fiddly at all!

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: