Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Foliage

Well, if you're looking for a stylish and very quick, non-boring hat pattern, look no further! Foliage is the perfect solution! I think this may be my first knit from Knitty that I've actually started and completed while the pattern was still in the current issue. It literally took me three or four evenings of just an hour of two of knitting. Very satisfying!
Pattern: Foliage from Knitty by Emilee Mooney
Yarn: Knit Picks Sierra in Cranberry; less than 1 skein
Needles: #9 dpns (I didn't have 10.5 or 10s so I knit loosely)
Notes: I probably could have knit a tad bit tighter because the hat is actually a bit big on me. Since it was so quick to knit I thought I would just rip and reknit but that was two weeks ago and now I've decided it's just fine! I don't like my hats too tight on my head anyway. I really think that the red color was perfect for this pattern. I love how it turned out!
Okay, I know I said I was on a yarn diet, blah, blah, blah. Well, apparently, I had a lapse of memory last week and before I knew it I had six skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas Silk on my doorstep from kpixie. It was on SALE too! Even though I had already bought the pattern long ago it was cheaper to order the Somewhat Cowl kit than just six skeins by themselves. It's in the Peacock color which is a beautiful teal but my camera refused to pick up any part of the green in it. I'm back on the yarn diet wagon again though. Promise. ;-)
There's been lot of sewing going on here too!
See my cute bedwarmer (thanks to the crafty genius, Ashley, of dogged knits).

Again, lousy picture. Note to self: take more pictures on weekends in real daylight. Super simple to make and boy, does it work! It stays warm for what feels like forever! This one is for myself so I could get the hang of the "pattern" because at least half a dozen people I know will be receiving these for Christmas!

No comments: