Sunday, October 07, 2007

This is not your imagination!

Hello everyone! This is a real post! with actual finished objects! 2 of them no less!
Once again, sorry for the absence lately. I blame it on Ravelry. I've been busy knitting though.

First off is my test knit for The Plucky Knitter.
Pattern: Just the stitch pattern from Jaywalkers plus a 2 st garter border to prevent rolling.
Yarn: 1 skein of The Plucky Knitter Merino in the Kicky colorway and 1 skein of The Plucky Knitter BFL Suri Alpaca in the Vivi's Dress colorway (actually I think I only used about half of each skein)
Needles: US #5
Notes: There are really only good things to say about this project (and I'm not just trying to suck up here ;-)). The pattern was simple yet interesting and the yarns were wonderful to work with. My pictures really don't do the yarn justice at all....the colors are much more vibrant. I actually loved the BFL/Suri Alpaca yarn much more than I thought I would! It's very silky and not at all itchy (on my sensitive neck that is saying a lot!). And of course the 100% merino is the absolute softest yarn you can get. The finished dimensions ended up being 6"x75" which I think is the perfect length to wear it doubled or just a simple wrap around the neck.

Now, for my second FO (can you believe it!):

Pattern: Cable Twist Socks
Yarn: Interlacements Tiny Toes in the Southwest colorway from The Loopy Ewe
Needles: US#1

Notes: Unfortunately, this knit was not nearly so enjoyable as the scarf. There was just something about the combination of the slipped stitch pattern and the somewhat splitty yarn that did not mix well. The yarn itself is perfectly soft and lovely and I'm sure would do well in a simpler pattern. I modified the pattern by adding one stitch repeat so as to adapt to fingerling weight yarn. They fit well and I'm sure I will enjoy wearing them this winter. I'm just glad they are finally finished!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

No comments: