Thursday, September 06, 2007

Yes, I'm indulging myself

Needles.........check!
Zephyr stitch markers......check!
yarn.......check!
simple gauge conversion math (thanks to Jillian!)......check!

So here are the beginnings of a quick little cardi (Juliet):
I just need something quick and fool proof right now and for me, that means a top-down raglan from one of my favorite designers. My other WIPs are coming along slowly due to absolute stupid mistakes that require ripping back hours of work.

So, in keeping with my current yarn diet, I decided to use the Knit Picks Mainline that I had bought to make Tree Jacket with. I spent a whole evening swatching and decided that the suggested double stranded worsted weight yarn was too bulky for me, although I would definitely use Cotton Fleece doubled (like one of their samples) because it is more of a DK weight and wouldn't be too bulky. I'm adjusting the pattern to work with my worsted weight gauge by knitting the XL size on US 9 needles. So far so good!

No comments: