Thursday, May 10, 2007

The much anticipated Tatami Kimono

Here it is!

Pattern: Tatami Kimono by Melissa Wehrle

Yarn: Louet Gems Opal in Eggplant; exactly 4 skeins

Needles: US #3 circulars

Notes: I am actually pleasantly surprised with this one! I had hoped and dreamed it would be beautiful but hadn't seen any finished ones out there so I was a little apprehensive. I'm happy with my yarn choice, although it's not as drapey as I had hoped, I think it will hold up well. I love the construction of this piece but it does get quite boring towards the end. I do like how it turned out though. It's very light and nice feeling.

WARNING: Rant ahead!!!

What I don't like is the fact that the pattern cost $14, including shipping!!! that's for the pattern ONLY. I'm sorry but I really think that is ridiculous. Yes, it's printed on lovely card stock. Yes, there are a few lovely pictures included. Yes, I bought it anyway. I hate to complain and be negative but I think the price is one of the reasons so few of these have been knitted up. I think charging $12 for the pattern and then $2 for the shipping is just plain greedy. Ironically, I think they could've made a lot more money if they had offered it as an electronic download and charged less.

Okay, rant over. Sorry, I must be a little cranky. This is totally just my opinion and I don't want to discourage anyone from buying this pattern...in fact, if you like, then it's worth it. It's quite a flattering pattern I think and I don't regret buying it for myself.

No comments: