Sunday, March 11, 2007

Flair

Here it is! my finished Flair.....I am so pleased with how it turned out!!



I also like the look with a long sleeved shirt underneath:

I didn't add a button at the very top because I knew I would never wear it buttoned up all the way but I like how it looks like this: Pattern: Flair from Knit and Tonic Wendy

Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton in Graphite; nearly 4 skeins

Needles: US #7 Addi Turbo circulars

Notes: Because I'm such a copycat, you can read about the mods I did here. Thanks for the inspiration Lara!

I have to admit that it was not love at first sight when Wendy first put the pattern up. It looked so boxy and the angle of her pictures never showed a good view of it IMHO. But when Lara made hers up a little more fitted looking I really saw the potential for this to be a great sweater. I made the smallest size by the way and I'm glad I did.

Secondly, I was doubtful about the Blue Sky cotton yarn. I used it for my Licorice Whip sweater and it has pilled to the worst degree! but I gave it another chance because hey, this yarn is so soft and yummy! you know what I think the difference is? it's the gauge. Licorice Whip was knit on US #9s which made for a looser fabric more prone to pilling. I think the tighter the gauge the less pilling there will be. I love the tight fabric that the #7s produced.

Oh and FYI, you better try it on as you go to make sure it's fitting correctly because if I had followed the directions exactly as written I would've had a MAJOR crop top look going on!! I mean, it's already got a little bit of a cropped look, which I think is good but you don't want something that ends above your belly button! I added an extra 1.5 inches in length but I know I'm long waisted so I pretty much have to do that for everything I knit.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

13 comments:

Annie said...

Looks great! Congratulations on a great FO. :-)

Kaitie Tee said...

Fantastic - what a great knit!

Lara said...

I love it! The fit is perfect and that is such a beautiful color. I am glad you gave the pattern a try.

a friend to knit with said...

wow! I LOVE it! the color, the buttons and the fit!!! GREAT job!

msubulldog said...

Wow, it looks fabulous!

jillian said...

Looks wonderful!

Laura B said...

Looks great! Congrats!

Libby said...

Great job. It looks really good on you.

Anonymous said...

You definitely did this pattern justice! I agree with you, originally I thought this was a bit, I dunno, balloonish? But yeah, knitting the smaller size seemed to work out well....excellent job!

Anonymous said...

That looks really cute on you!

Anonymous said...

It's really cute, I love it over the long sleeved top too! It looks way more fitted than the original one, and I like that a lot.

Anushka said...

It looks fabulous. Seriously. I like yours a lot more than the original, and of the same opinion as yours on the photos. Wow!

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love the way you layered it with different tops. Another fabulous knit, you go girl!!