Monday, October 23, 2006

Licorice Whip

Licorice Whip is done! This is such a cozy sweater! and I really love the Blue Sky Cotton even if it does pill.....and shed a bit. I'm hoping the shedding will be reduced after I wash it. I actually wore it all day on Sunday (I've been too busy to get picks and post up)!


Pattern: Licorice Whip by Jenifer Paulousky for Blue Alvarez Designs
Yarn: Blue Sky Cotton in Indigo; 4 and 1/4 skeins
Needles: #9
Mods: I went with the size xxxs (34") but that's also my actual size so I used a smaller gauge in order to have some negative ease especially since this is cotton and I knew it would probably stretch out some. I think it came out about right. I also copied Jillian in that I only did 5 out of the 7 recommended decreases for the sleeves (I didn't want them to be too tight). That's about it I think. This is really a great pattern!

I had started Knucks but I used a heavier wieght of yarn than called for and I was too lazy to properly check guage and as a result, they were coming out too big. So with that project abandoned for now I decided to start some Pomatomus. This sock pattern is awesome!! and the yarn is too! I'm using some Cherry Tree Hill Supersock and it is to die for! I couldn't get any picks because it's getting dark so early now and they were coming out terrible with the flash.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks ace - I've not used that yarn but it looks lovely. Good work on knitting it small as it will stretch, that's the kind of thing I never think of!

Disentangled said...

Very cute!...and I think a great way to use some of this dang cotton I've been hording all summer.

Alyssa said...

That's looks great on you! Neat pattern.

jillian said...

Your Whip looks great!! Good thinking on the needle size. I love that Indigo colorway, just used it for a gift sweater. It's such a lovely and classic blue!

msubulldog said...

Wow, that looks really great!