Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lucy in the Sky

As promised.....

Pattern: Lucy in the Sky cardigan

Yarn: Knit Picks Swish in Bordeaux; 8 balls

Needles: US #6

Notes: Boy, it took me a long time to knit this! mainly because I wasn't very excited about it so I only worked on it when I felt like it. Do I love it now that it's finished? well....I like it. I think a lot has to do with the color. That's the thing with ordering before looking at a color card...sometimes the color isn't quite what you expect (color is more accurate in second pic). The Swish is very soft even for me who is very sensitive to the itch factor. I'm not sure I would use this yarn again for a sweater though......it seems to "relax" a lot after it gets wet and feels thinner or weaker or something. I guess you get what you pay for.

This was also my first time knitting a sweater from the bottom down all in one piece....it was really awkward when the sleeves were attached. I think top down is much easier.

Hey, and thanks to your help, I can now graft in seed stitch!! I meant to get a pic of that for y'all. It turned out pretty good!

All in all, I think I will wear this cardigan on a regular basis. I think I ended up making the smallest size and it fits pretty good. Although if I were any bustier, I think there would be issues with gaping at the buttons.

21 comments:

jillian said...

I think it looks great! I really like the color on you and the fit is terrific!

Annie said...

It looks fantastic! Nice fit.

Micki said...

It looks fantastic on you. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater, it looks great on you. This pattern is on my list of to-knit, I even have the yarn for it already. I hope mine looks as good as yours! : )

Laura B said...

It looks great! I've had that same problem with the knitpicks colors. I think it'll grow on you, though, as it really is a beautiful sweater.

Alyssa said...

It looks fantastic on you! You did a terrific job. :)

Anonymous said...

Wear it with pride. It's a winner!

Kaitie Tee said...

It looks great! It's too bad to hear about Swish being not so great.

Lara said...

I think it is gorgeous! It really looks great. Funny how the yarn choice can affect how you like knitting a project. I am glad you gave an update on Swish. I have been wondering about it. I haven't had the greatest luck with Knitpicks yarn. Anyway, I think looking at your Lucy just convinced me to knit one!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You look great in that color too!

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty! I love the colour too, purple is great. And the fit looks perfect!

Cynder said...

Very lovely! I love the color.

rfx1982 said...

The sweater is wonderful. I am so glad you posted this, because I am trying to graft ribbing right now. I thought I had it figured out, and apperantly I had, but it's nice to know that I was right. I would have hated getting have of my seam grafted and then finding out I was wrong!
Thanks

Unknown said...

very nice!! I love the color and the fit on you. another great fo!

msubulldog said...

Lucy turned out great. I'm so glad you figured out the grafting. Maybe you should post a tutorial! :)

Disentangled said...

Well, despite your misgivings, it does look really nice on you. It looks like a great way to dress up a t and jeans when going out to dinner. I hope you enjoy it!

a friend to knit with said...

It looks great on you......love the color too!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous cardigan! The color is fantasic, and the fit it great. I'm sure you'll get a lot of wear out of it.

Anushka said...

I love it! It looks so nice on you and the colour is diviiiiiiine.

Romi said...

Wow! That looks great on you!

Tangledbleus said...

Beautiful! You posted on my thread about 20something knitters on knitty so I had to check out your blog, which looks great too! I love seeing FOs I would actually wear lol!