Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Warm hands today

Thanks everyone for the advise on my Pomatomus socks! I think I will probably rip back to the second repeat but I'm not going to tackle that just yet.

Well, I didn't get to either of my goals this weekend....but I have a very good excuse! I was having some abdominal pain since Friday and felt sorta lousy all weekend. I went to the Dr on Monday and they thought I might have appendicitis but fortunately it wasn't....whew!! I mainly just sat on the couch and worked on the Clapotis and a little bit on Fetching:

Pattern: Fetching by Cheryl Niamath from Knitty

Yarn: Filatura Di Crosa Zara in Charcoal; 1 ball and a couple of yards from a second

Needles: #7 dpns

These were super quick! only took a couple of hours for each glove. I had started these a long time ago with a different yarn and I really screwed something up on them and threw the project aside and forgot about it. But I really needed something warm for my hads at work so I picked up some new yarn and started a new pair. I gotta tell you, this yarn is soft and all but I doubt I will ever use it again. It was really splitty and the plies came apart and would pull out really easily. Very difficult to work with...and it's not a cheap yarn. Anyway, it's nice to have an FO and now my hands will be warmer at work! YAY!

And I got something in the mail yesterday that cheered me up after having spent 3 hours at the doctors. Look how gorgeous this yarn is! It's Sunshine Yarns superwash in Avacado. I love it!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Those are cute! And I love the yarn - what a great green.

Kaitie Tee said...

Your mitts turned out great. I just cast on for a pair yesterday - I'm using 100% Pure Wool (from the ebay seller). It's a lot like Malabrigo & Manos. It is also a bit splitty, but I think I'm going to like the final result.

allisonmariecat said...

Your Fetchings look adorable. I love the green yarn (I have to restrain myself from visiting Sunshine Yarns too often...love the colors).

I hope you're feeling better!