Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Christmas is a comin'!

Okay, I am setting some goals for myself for this weekend.
Must complete:
1) Counterpane Accessories bag
2) Mr. Stegs (I actually finished knitting the pieces for this over a month ago but I've been lazy with the finishing)

Both of these things just need to be sewn up! It's amazing how quickly I loose interest in a project when it comes time for finishing.

Anyway, I've started a Christmas present. It's a Clapotis for Grandma. She's one of the only ones I have yet to knit something for so I want it to be really special. I using KnitPicks Shimmer double stranded in the Grape Hyacinth colorway with #6 needles. I'm thinking that even though it's a fairly big project it should be relatively quick to knit. I think I've started early enough so that I won't be rushed. My list of gifts to knit this year is pretty short and most of them are already done.

Ooooh and I'm so excited about what else I got with my KnitPicks order! It's 10 balls of Swish Superwash in the Bordeaux color to be used for the Lucy in the Sky Cardigan. I probably shouldn't start it until I've finished Forecast but....we'll see.
Oh, and sorry for the bad pics.....looks like I need to get a tripod if I want to take pics during the week. It's nearly dark when I get home from work now. :(

3 comments:

Lara said...

LOVE both yarns. That clapotis is going to be gorgeous. Lucy will look great in the bordeaux color.

allisonmariecat said...

Oh, the Clapotis is going to be stunning! I love the colors.

msubulldog said...

Both yarns are beautiful! The Clapotis is going to be gorgeous. Makes me want to re-start a friend's lace scarf with the Grape Hyacinth I have!:)