Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pomatomus

Here they are; all finished!!

Pattern: Pomatomus by Cookie A. for Knitty

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Moody Blues

Needles: #2 Addi Turbo circular

I finially have my own pair of Pomatomus!! I've been really wanting these socks after all of the gorgeous versions I've seen out in blogland. They weren't the quickest knit in the world but the stitch pattern is pretty easy to memorize. I used almost the entire skein for these socks and was a little worried I would run out but I kept the faith (mostly, ha!). And these were my first socks using the Magic Loop method.....I like it! I don't mind dpns but it seems quicker because you're making fewer needle changes as you knit.

Check it out! It's the scarf I've been dreaming of ever since I got this Yarntini self-striping yarn! This stuff is hands down the softest, most luscious sock yarn I have seen so far. I highly recommend treating yourself to a skein!


Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colours in that scarf! And your socks are lovely, I feel a bit tempted too with all the lovely pairs out there, yours included :)

Unknown said...

oh wow u r so fast!! lovely, lovely!!

Anonymous said...

There is definitely something special about self-striping yarn :) and those socks are awesome. Happy Turkey Day!

Disentangled said...

What a cool scarf! Such a great idea! And congrats on your socks - they came out great :-) Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Anonymous said...

The socks look great! I want to make them, but I was afraid because they seemed a little tricky! Your so lucky you got some Yarntini! I keep trying but they have been sold out!

msubulldog said...

Those socks are gorgeous! I'm knitting a secret pair for my sister for Christmas (she's been knitting socks for awhile, but she never seems to get any done for herself!). :) I'm enjoying the pattern so far and am trying not to get psyched out by the hype. *grin*

Alyssa said...

Great socks! And I love the scarf. I'm working with some Yarntini right now too and love it.