Thursday, November 16, 2006

Back to knitting...yay!

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes!! I really appreciate the kind thoughts! The good news is that I am recovering nicely and not having too much pain at all. I'm just glad it wasn't my hand or something that would prevent me from knitting during my recovery! LOL! that would be really terrible!

Anyway, so I've been knitting.....and you know what I decided to pick up? the Pomatomus. I just couldn't bear to rip so much out so I decided I would keep going a little more and see how it looked.....and I had just enough!! I weighed the finished sock and my remaining yarn and I will have enough for the second as well but I don't thing there will be much left over (that's a good thing though!). Here's a sneek peek. I've already cast on for the second so that I won't get distracted. hahha And I got a package from Jessie at Yarntini with some goodies that I ordered from her! They arrived while I was in the hospital but I had my husband bring them up to me to that I could ooh and ahh over them (you can see where my priorities are!). She puts together such a beautiful package with extra little treats and a hand written note! These two are self-striping fingerling superwash in Blue Hawaiian and Grape Ape! I'm REALLY diggin' the Grape Ape and am actually thinking of make a scarf out of it instead of socks. I'm thinking maybe a chevron pattern similar to what's used in the Jaywalkers pattern. And I definitely want to make a real pair of Jaywalkers with the Blue Hawaiian....so cool and tropical!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. Excellent sock yarn too. I agree, the Grape Ape is snappy!

msubulldog said...

I'm so glad you'll be able to finish your Pomatomus! Gotta love the yarn scale. :) *whew* Your socks look awesome, by the way. I think I'm going to do some Pomatomai for my sister for Christmas.
And that Grape Ape is definitely awesome! I love the green thrown in there. Too cool. :)