Sunday, October 22, 2006

Fall is in the air!!

We've had a coldsnap! It was in the mid-40s this morning! It is disappointing that we don't get much color down here (and this year even less than usual). Of course, I am getting a little ahead of things; "peak color" doesn't usually occur until right before Thanksgiving. But anyway, we've been having many pleasant days in the 70s lately and fall is one of my favorite seasons!

First of all, may I present my mystery socks!

Pattern: Ocean Socks by Jan Moreno from Wool Works

Yarn: Hill Country Instant Gratification Sock in Bluebonnet

Needles: size #4 dpns

Yay for my second pair of socks! These were really fast and fun! Plus I really like how this yarn looks with a stitch pattern. I knew this yarn would do a weird swirly thing because I used this same yarn for my first pair of socks and I didn't really like how they look in just plain stockingette. These turned out so well that I think I will give them to my Mother-In-Law. I actually bought this yarn with her in mind in the first place because she loves Bluebonnets (the state flower of TX).

And did I mention that fall is my favorite season? Look at these darling little pumpkins!


Thanks to Jennifer from PieKnits who found the Miniture Felted Pumpkin pattern from Wool Windings. These were incredibley fun to make!! These are going to the MIL too because I think she will really love them! The bigger bighter orange (far right) one is Lamb's Pride Worsted (which didn't felt as well), the middle reddish-orange one is Classic Elite Renaissance, and the far left white one is some leftover Cascade 220 in cream that I had in the stash. Oh, and the little stems are various tweedy brown and green scraps from the stash as well. It took me a day to make these. I'm going to have to make some for myself now!!

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

Love those socks! I may have to give that pattern a try. And those pumpkins are so cute:) They are perfect for adding a little fall color.

Anonymous said...

Lovely socks, and I love the pumpkins in all those colours!

lexa said...

Your socks turned out great! I think I may make a pair of those, too. Love the pumpkins.

Kaitie Tee said...

Your pumpkins are adorable. The socks definitely resemble Bluebonnets!

Disentangled said...

Those pumpkins are the cutest thing ever!! And your socks came out great as well :-) Congrats all around!

Fall's my favorite time as well - nothing like sweater weather.

Unknown said...

Beautiful socks!! Those little pumpkins are just too cute!

Anonymous said...

I must make those pumpkins! Printing out the pattern right now!

allisonmariecat said...

You socks look great! And just in time for the cold snap. Adorable pumpkins...I'm tempted to make some even though we don't really have any room