Pattern: Pea Pod Baby Set (hat and sweater) by Kate Gilbert
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport in Green Apple
Mods: I actually ended up having to change a lot. For some reason, even though my guage was spot-on, the length of the sweater from neck to hem came out a few inches longer than it should have. So I stopped the leaf pattern when I got to the correct length...otherwise the sleeves would not have fit into the sleeve holes of the body. And the pattern calls for a leaf pattern edge along the neckline but I didn't like how it looked so I ripped it and did the seed stitch neckline instead. Overall I think it turned out great! the color isn't really accurate in the pictures....it's actually a bit brighter. This was also my first time seaming a sweater together....and I hated it! what a pain in the rear!!
So, what motivated this sudden finishing of a sweater that has been sitting nearly finished for several months now? Well, it was a scary situation this morning that involved a near fatality of a certain shawl that I so happily showed you the progress of in my previous post! Yes, I woke up this morning to find that my evil cats had managed to OPEN the glass doors of a cabinate and drag out Ella. Luckily, they only somewhat mangled the ball of yarn and left the shawl itself untouched!! I nearly had a heart-attack, let me tell you! However, when I sat down to more closely examine things, I found that one of them had chewed on the tip of the bamboo needles....enough so that they snagged the yarn pretty good when I tried to knit with them. So, not having another pair of #8s, I decided to finish the baby sweater. The end.