Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My After-Christmas Stockings


Well, I guess I've been knitting for about a year and a half now and most of what I produced were a zillion scarves, a few hats, and one floppy French Market bag from knitty. After nearly a hundred miles of Christmas gift scarves I was getting a hankerin' for something a little more challenging. So I decided to take the plunge and attempt my first socks in the form of Christmas stockings. Only took me 3 attempts to figure out how to turn the heel. And it was my first time using dpns.....nothin' to it! Anyway, they turned out great!

The pattern was "Rustic Lodge" stockings from "Knit Christmas Stockings!" and I used Harris with Rowen dk in the dark red and Jo Sharp Silkroad dk Tweed in the cedar green. I really like that Silkroad stuff...so soft! I had to double the strands to get the right guage...the patterned called for bulky weight but I couldn't find any in the right color at the LYS. I'm very happy with them and can't wait to use them this Christmas....that is if my kitties don't take a fancy to them.

No comments: