Friday, January 27, 2012

Quilt Alongs

I'm officially a joiner now. I never have been really, I prefer to do my own thing at my own pace (wow, that sounds snooty but I promise I'm not!). This past month I've join TWO quilt alongs!

I don't know what brought it on but first I joined the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt Along that Angela and Amanda started last year. I asked for the book for Christmas and got it!
Here are the blocks I've done so far: First 3 blocks
These blocks are a little tricky but a lot of fun! Go to my Flickr page to see the block names and numbers.
FWSQ blocks FWSQ blocks FWSQ blocks

A few weeks ago I joined the Sparkle Quilt Along. These are the fabrics I chose to make the mini quilt size.

Sparkle Quilt Along - fabric
I've made quite a bit of progress on it this week! Fun, fun, fun!

I hope your weekend plans involve some fun too!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm a joiner too! I love quilting along with others. Your farmer's wife blocks are great, i love scrappy!

Susan said...

I love what you've made already. I think sewalongs are so much fun!

Nat at Made in Home said...

I don't join many QALs... because I don't have as much time as I would like making things, I tend to do it on my own... I did the Cherry House QAL and learnt a lot, so I may do another one soon..

Maryse said...

When I see your beautiful squares with that gorgeous fabric, I sincerely hope that I will never learn to sew because then my knitting would really be in danger! I also plan to have a fun weekend: spending tomorrow with my beautiful 7 years old niece and then, lots of knitting I hope ;-) Have a great one!